I never know what to say...

My photo
Your average quirky kid living in the Pacific Northwest. I enjoy a great deal of things.Quoting sitcoms with my family, eating cold chinese food, baking poppyseed bread,exploring outside, reading classic literature, experimenting with a new crafts I've found online and going somewhere I've never been.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Life Right Now

My life consists of wearing a bright red button up shirt and dress pants  4-5 times a week to wash tables, floors, and to lead people around a room.  Occasionally, I get to answer phones or make a milk shake. Running around like a mad woman and trying not to fall on slippery kitchen floors is always a given. It's crazy, but I'm learning a lot and making money.

On Sunday mornings, I get the privilege of spending an hour and a half in a multi colored room with 8 kindergartners to read to them, pray with them, and try to teach them about the God who loves them. It's noisy at times, and we often get distracted but I love it. 

It also consists of spending too much time on the computer. The opportunities to entertain myself through it are endless. I can listen to bluegrass, instant message friends, pretend I am a part of S.H.I.E.L.D, play scrabble, find recipes or craft ideas.

Thursday nights were something I dreaded for a few months but I am beginning to embrace their role in my life. It isn't always my first choice to sit in a room full of people and be the new kid again. However, as time has passed I am learning. Learning how to use those nights as a time to grow, a time to hear, and a time to grow closer to others.

The changing of leaves by CassieNicole, via Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment