I never know what to say...

My photo
Your average quirky kid living in the Pacific Northwest. I enjoy a great deal of things.Quoting sitcoms with my family, eating cold chinese food, baking poppyseed bread,exploring outside, reading classic literature, experimenting with a new crafts I've found online and going somewhere I've never been.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

When Winter Comes

Spring and Summer are a season of growth in my life. For the past few years, I believe God has used those months in significant ways to slowly conform me to his image. Not only that, but I feel like a better version of myself. Barefoot, tan and with a notebook in hand I feel willing to learn and open to whatever is in store.

Winter does not share a lot in common with summer. The harsh winds and bitter cold force me to cover myself in layers of coats and sweaters to block out any source of discomfort.
I think I do the same thing with my heart. Is there such a thing as a "heart sweater"? Cause I think I've been know to use those. When I'm tired of feeling, I slip one on to avoid the chill of disappointment and heart ache.  Instead of feeling warm and comforted, it just numbs. Neither hot or cold. No passion. After receiving a few "no's" and "not yets" from God this year, it's like I'm afraid of passion. I'm afraid to want things because I don't want the answer to be no. Disappointment is not an easy thing to swallow time and time again. Yet, have I forgotten how my plans pale next to his? If it's not in his plan that just means I need to wait to hear his.

Waiting is hard.
Living without certainty is hard.
Struggling to revive passion,too.


Live. Learn. Love.
All with God in the center.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment